Saturday, November 03, 2012

Our Old, New House

I randomly came across these pictures on my computer. I didn't even know I still had them! They are pictures from MLS of our house when we first bought it. A lot of you never got a chance to see our house before we moved in. So you've probably been wondering why a lot of our projects are half done and why our house is the way it is. So here is a look at how it looked when we first bought it, and you will see how far we have come!! (Sorry the pictures are so small).

Kitchen
 
My favorite part of the kitchen was the floor. It was this lovely brown lino with a random square of parkay flooring right smack dab in the middle. The counter tops were in rough shape with scratches everywhere and the walls were pee yellow. It also had a retro globe light hanging over the kitchen table that I swear I smacked my head on 10 times before I finally gave up and took it down.


 
This is the other side of the kitchen. This wall was COVERED in holes from pictures. We ripped the wall out and converted it to an island with more cabinets and counter space. 


Dining Room

Again, I don't know how ANY of these walls are still standing. There were so many nail holes in them. We often joked it would have been easier to hang new drywall than fill and sand all the nail holes. The light again was just BEAUTIFUL and the carpet would have been wonderful to keep under the table to soak up any food spills.



Living Room

Pretty much the only thing I liked about the living room was the bay window. The pink walls and carpet all went.



Our Room

Besides the cat pee filled carpet, and crummy paint color, our room wasn't too bad. I love how big it is and our GIGANTIC closet! (Although we still want to do a built in on one side.) I love, love, love having an ensuite with our own shower. Also, the ensuite has a window that opens, so on hot days we can open that window and the one by the bed and get an awesome breeze going!
 
 
Carson's Room

It took several coats of paint and primer to cover up this green paint! Logan had this room first, but it is now Carson's. It's super tiny!


Katie and Logan's Room

When Logan saw this picture he asked if we could paint the walls blue again. But I'm a mean boring mom and told them all the walls in the house had to match and be the same color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you hsould put the after shots with it too!
crazy to think that was your house before! you guys did a great job with the renos!!

Cao said...

You haven't learned anything from my mom, have you? XD Not every room has to be the same colour. X3
Actually, I don't think any of the rooms in our house are the same colour.